ART DIRECTOR/ CATALOG DESIGNER
The Art Director/Catalog Designer is responsible for designing, developing and producing the Coldwater Creek catalogs and other direct marketing offers.
- Design, develop, and produce fashion catalogs, conceptualize stories for catalogs and media campaigns, collaborate with Photo Art Director and team to deliver art consistent with the brand strategy.
- Compose campaigns, layouts (including graphics), images, and collaborate with copywriters, and Photo Art Director to source all photographers, models, stylists, locations, hair and makeup, etc.
- Oversee the photography editing process through layout and design refinement. Partner with pre-press to direct and approve all retouching and proofing of images.
- Partner with the merchant organization to clarify strategic goals and specific shooting or vendor requirements. Keep apprised of competitive market messaging and positioning, especially for direct area of expertise.
- Provide creative vision and expertise for area of responsibility. Direct, develop, mentor and empower junior designers. Perform other duties as required or apparent.
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent, 5+ years experience in Advertising/Graphic Design, ability to communicate effectively.
- Results oriented, strategic conceptual thinking with an ability to influence across multiple levels and functions of the organization.
- Strong information visualization and prototyping skills and ability to clearly and confidently present work in front of both internal team members and external partners.