This position is responsible for assisting in preparing and executing direct mail plans to meet revenue and house file growth targets through effective product database management and planning, analyzing and implementation of mailing campaigns.
- Customer house file selection & segmentation, forecasting, and data analysis to create optimal circulation mail plans and source code system set-up.
- Learn the day-to-day strategy of the catalog business maintain and organize Excel spreadsheets utilizing advanced functions such as Pivot Tables, catalog setup and analysis, including front-end offers and back-end reporting
- Report and analyze past results (Weekly and to support Monthly Financial Reviews and other presentations) by customer segment and suggest adjustments for future efforts.
- Develop and execute mailings plans for customers and prospects.
- Manage merge/purge process to ensure timely in-home delivery of catalogs and direct mail.
- Assist in managing outside relationship with co-op database providers, list broker and outside customer file statistician and merge/purge service bureau
- Manages various ad hoc marketing projects as requested/assigned.
- Function as an analytical resource to the organization including presentations, reports.
- Creative, innovative thinker who possesses intellectual curiosity and is willing to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field, 1-3 yrs experience in catalog/direct/database marketing and execution.
- Strong analytical and systems skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, experience using advanced Excel functions such as vLookups and Pivot Tables is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large datasets working with Access, SQL or SAS would be a plus.
- Experience with merge/purge, creating mailing plans, coop databases and vertical lists would be a plus.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.