Reporting directly to Vice President of Merchandising, as a Product Line Manager, you will lead the strategic vision driving product development and assortment selection. You will work collaboratively and cross functionally with your team and key stakeholders in the organization to define product line strategies and roadmaps.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, takes initiative, leads by example and operates effectively. You will be passionate about delivering a customer experience that represents our brand and inspires and engages customers.
- Own creation of the product line roadmap and selection of assortment in alignment with the business strategy.
- Collaborate with peers in strategy to capture and validate existing and emerging needs for the customer/market and identify new opportunities that align with the business strategy.
- Work with Technical and Sourcing team to execute the desired features. Plans and manages all product matrix’s and works together with product development to maintain all milestones on the calendar.
- Responsible for identifying, tracking, and improving the key strategies identified for your long term vision of the product line.
- Analyze effectiveness product in achieving their objectives, supporting the overall product vision and strategy, and increasing engagement and revenue for all channels including the Ecommerce.
- Communicate effectively with your Catalog Director and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on strategic decisions, direction, and roadmap.
- Partner with Creative team to assist with the development of the selling and marketing rollout strategy ensuring accuracy of the product details for all channels.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
- Partner with Merch Analysis to carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.
- Explore, identify, and develop potential partner relationships for appropriate products.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages product cycle from conception to sales
- Manages design and development projects cross-functionally and delegates projects within category to meet objectives and timelines
- Plans product line to achieve and maintain category gross margin targets and sku efficiency.
- Lead Planning, Seasonal meetings with effective line plan sheets.
- Minimum of 5+ years or relevant experience in product management, retail buying or product development with a customer-facing product.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Retail Merchandising, or Marketing preferred
- Proven experience with full product lifecycles, from conception to delivery.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to drive action across an organization.
- Fast learner who can communicate ideas, synthesize data, and incorporate customer feedback to build user-centric experiences.
- Strong communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to break down complex problems into logical steps that drive product development.
- Solid understanding of project management practices and software development process.
- Technical background, understands materials, fit, function, and end-user requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of product development, manufacturing, and retail buying process.
- Report generating and analytical experience related to merchandising, financials and sales.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and Excel.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulation
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days and weekends to support the business needs
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees, customers and outside vendors
- Associate Development
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Honesty and Integrity
- Results Oriented
- Solution Oriented
- Strategic Planning