Print Production/Creative Services Manager – Hingham, MA
Continuum is seeking a skilled and highly motivated Print Production/Creative Services Manager to join our Hingham, MA team supporting print and web projects for our client, Coldwater Creek Direct. We are an exciting and fast-growing print management firm that offers full-service print production solutions to our clients. Our expertise spans all categories of print, from direct mail and catalogs to point of purchase and retail displays. To learn more about our services and background please check out our website – www.continuum-mps.com.
Key job responsibilities:
- Work on-site at the assigned customer (Coldwater Creek Direct) managing the team responsible for delivering a range of printed materials as well as website support
- Act as primary contact for creative and merchandising teams during production of all catalogs, web assets and other misc. collateral.
- Work directly with printers, premedia supplier, creative team, merchandising team, and marketing team on catalog, web and collateral materials to ensure deadlines are met while achieving high quality and accuracy of printed product.
- Work with the client and team members to coordinate schedules, print specifications, quotations, and print orders.
- Manage color and print quality control. Oversee all necessary color work for new and existing catalog images. Attend press runs to approve color quality, as needed.
- Execute all projects to ensure that the end result exceeds the client’s expectations.
Day-to-day tasks & activities:
- Work within a print production/creative services team while interfacing with our client’s creative, merchandising and marketing teams to understand production requirements.
- Traffic all catalog pages, web assets and collateral pieces, including print media advertisements, through the catalog page design and mechanical execution processes, including release to premedia supplier and approving proofs.
- Work with merch and copy to traffic images through the photo shoot process and all copy through the development process.
- Work with production director, suppliers, client and broader team to adjust schedules when necessary.
- Work with prepress vendor to achieve color-accurate image quality in-line with the vision of the brand.
- Manage development and ongoing maintenance of digital asset management system.
- Assist production director in development and maintenance of the premedia budget for each project.
- Manage all daily aspects of premedia with suppliers. Provide specific instructions for all projects. Work with supplier on delivery timetables and maintain a current status of assigned projects at all times.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest developments in software, production and digital technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues and exceptions to expectations.
You will be successful at Continuum if you:
- Enjoy working directly with the client in a fast-paced, team-based environment where innovation and new ideas are strongly encouraged.
- Have a strong ability to interact creatively and efficiently with marketing, merchandising and creative departments and leadership teams, as well as suppliers, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are highly organized and self-motivated with great follow-up skills and strong project management skills.
- Are able to work with precision on multiple projects under rigorous deadlines, and extended daily schedules when necessary, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and high standards of quality along with strong problem solving abilities.
- Are fluent in Mac OSX and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Are comfortable with MS Office products and have database experience.
- Are well versed in four-color premedia technology and workflow, and print processes.
- Have an excellent eye for managing the color quality of images and printed pieces.
- Have 5-7 years of experience with a catalog production/creative services department (preferred) and/or a bachelor’s degree with experience in the publishing, premedia, graphic arts, agency or printing industry.
Continuum offers a rewarding working environment with benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with your work experience, including incentive bonuses
- Full healthcare benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Short-term, long-term and disability insurance
- Company 401K program with matching benefits
- Paid vacation time and company holidays