Reporting directly to Vice President of Merchandising, as a Product Line Manager, you will lead the strategic vision driving product development and assortment selection. You will work collaboratively and cross functionally with your team and key stakeholders in the organization to define product line strategies and roadmaps.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, takes initiative, leads by example and operates effectively. You will be passionate about delivering a customer experience that represents our brand and inspires and engages customers.
- Develop annual and seasonal strategies to meet and exceed budgeted sales and margin goals.
- Build assortment plans for each catalog mailing; new and repeat item count, initial mark-up, average retail price, promotional strategy.
- Research and understand category product and vendor history.
- Identify, research, develop and evaluate products for adoption consideration.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendor base to maximize gross margins.
- Responsible for negotiating optimum pricing, deliveries, and back up before adoption of a product.
- Manage completion of product information (PI) sheets.
- Verify all copy points and facts, and provide accurate information to the creative staff.
- Obtain a sample and artwork to be used for creative functions.
- Inspect the product’s packaging and instructions, and facilitate any corrections that are required.
- Proofread all copy and pages for category products.
- Publish price changes and primary vendor changes.
- Review comparison samples submitted and process paperwork to change the primary vendor when applicable.
- Review the backorder report on a weekly basis.
- Provide secondary sources whenever possible to the purchasing department.
- Partner with Quality Assurance Team to establish packaging standards insure high quality and optimal freight costs.
- Consistently review sales and monitor best sellers.
- Review product return rates, and any other quality issues that have been identified with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Analyze competition for pricing, category assortments, promotions, etc.
- Train and supervise the Merchandise Assistant.