A New England based major catalog and ecommerce brand is seeking a leader of the team that develops and maintains company creative strategy and style, ability to build a highly efficient, highly effective team of the best creative and support talent available, including being instrumental in all the hiring, training and developmental aspects of your team.
Develop a process to be used in managing the creation of all new material and re-works of existing material.
- Manage the Catalog Art Directors, Copy Writers, and Production Designers to ensure they are effectively interacting with the Merchandising team to create the most effective catalog and website possible.
- Oversee creative conceptual generation of catalog covers, ad pages and other direct-mail pieces for all brands.
- Develop the creative strategic conceptualization and branding efforts of all direct mail and Ecommerce communications to our customers.
- Ensure consistent messaging in all aspects of catalog, direct-mail and Internet advertising production and design. Ensure that all production schedules / projects are completed on time. Create and manage the annual budget for the Creative Department, which will include catalog printing, paper buying, photography, payroll etc.
- Responsible for managing print production partners, act as a strategic partner with the marketing and merchandising teams in developing short and long term programs.
- Be a thought leader in advertising and marketing issues. Other duties as assigned by the President and Chief Merchandising Officer.
Qualifications / Position Requirements
- BA or BS in Marketing or Design preferred, advanced knowledge of In Design and Quark.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience creating catalogs, preferably with a well known brand.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years as a manager of a marketing, creative or advertising team.
- Ability and desire to coach and develop a Creative team.
- Strong communication and organization skills – very articulate and tenacious.
- Demonstrates teamwork by prompting others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team. Resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success.
- Ability to mentor by sharing knowledge and wisdom in a manner that coaches and develops your team.